Iowa and Illinois state laws require that you carry minimum liability limits of 20/40/15 in order to establish Financial Responsibility in the event you are in an accident.
The penalty for not carrying insurance can result in the loss of your driver’s license and vehicle registration privileges.
What you need to know before you buy Car Insurance:
- Don’t take for granted that what you are being sold is the right coverage for you
- Ask questions concerning the limits of liability and deductibles you are being proposed
- Be sure medical payments, Uninsured and Underinsured motorists coverages are included in the proposal
- Find out what discounts you qualify for and what discounts you may be eligible for in the future
- Discuss with your agent the amount of risk you are willing to cover yourself and what you expect your insurance to cover
- Discuss with your agent how you use your vehicle on a daily basis
- Be aware of any possible gaps in coverage
Get the crash testing rating on a vehicle – Here
Find Blue Book Values – Here